Each year the Guild of Washington County sells Kaolin Festival T-shirts to raise money to support the women and children of Washington County. With money raised through sales of the official Kaolin Festival t-shirt, the Guild has been able to partner with our local schools and community on a number of projects.
Here are a few highlights of the Guild's projects:
- Awarded scholarships to Washington County and Brentwood high school seniors.
- Significantly supported the Washington County Youth Leadership Program.
- Partnered with the Sunshine House to bring the Shine program into our local schools during child abuse prevention month to share Shine's safety rules
- Provided schools supplies and other needed items to local teachers during the school year.
- Contributed to First Love Kids (a local child enrichment organization), the Boys and Girls Club, the Christian Life Center (a local food pantry), the Sunshine House (a regional children's advocacy group), the Rape Crisis Center, Bread of Life and ABC Women’s Clinic.
- Provided Christmas gifts for children in Washington County's foster care system and vital toiletries/over the counter medicines for underprivileged patients at Children's Healthcare of Washington County.
- Responded to specific needs presented to the Guild which included assisting a local teacher in meeting the needs of a needy student and sponsoring FFA Camp for a local middle school student.
We are proud of what the Guild has accomplished and want to continue making a difference! Click here to see who is a member of the Guild.